- are made using organic raw materials, such as cotton grown without pesticides and silk made by worms fed on organic trees
- dont involve the use of harmful chemicals and bleaches to colour fabrics
- are often made from recycled and reused textiles. High-quality garments can be made from second-hand clothes and even recycled plastic bottles
- are made to last, so that people keep them for longer
- come from fair trade – the people who make them are paid a fair price and have decent working conditions.With the eco-fashion industry still in its infancy, the main responsibility at the moment lies with manufacturers and designers, who need to start using sustainable materials and processes.